Learn practical skills, build real-world projects, and advance your career
Top Repositories for GitHub Topics
Pick a website and describe your objective
- Browse through different sites and pick on to scrape. Check the "Project Ideas" section for inspiration.
- Identify the information you'd like to scrape from the site. Decide the format of the output CSV file.
- Summarize your project idea and outline your strategy in a Juptyer notebook. Use the "New" button above.
- We're going to scrape https://github.com/topics
- We'll get a list of topics. For each topic, we'll get topic title, topic page URL and topic description
- For each topic, we'll get the top 25 repositories in the topic from the topic page
- For each repository, we'll grab the repo name, username, stars and repo URL
- For each topic we'll create a CSV file in the following format:
Repo Name,Username,Stars,Repo URL