Assignment 1 - Python Basics Practice
This assignment is a part of the course "Data Analysis with Python: Zero to Pandas"
In this assignment, you'll get to practice some of the concepts and skills covered in the following notebooks:
- First Steps with Python and Jupyter
- A Quick Tour of Variables and Data Types
- Branching using Conditional Statements and Loops
As you go through this notebook, you will find the symbol ??? in certain places. To complete this assignment, you must replace all the ??? with appropriate values, expressions or statements to ensure that the notebook runs properly end-to-end.
- Make sure to run all the code cells, otherwise you may get errors like
NameErrorfor undefined variables.
- Do not change variable names, delete cells or disturb other existing code. It may cause problems during evaluation.
- In some cases, you may need to add some code cells or new statements before or after the line of code containing the ???.
- Since you'll be using a free online service for code execution, save your work by running
jovian.commitat regular intervals.
- Questions marked (Optional) will not be considered for evaluation, and can be skipped. They are for your learning.
- If you are stuck, you can ask for help on the course forum. Post errors, ask for hints and help others, but please don't share the full solution answer code to give others a chance to write the code themselves.
- After submission your code will be tested with some hidden test cases. Make sure to test your code exhaustively to cover all edge cases.
Get help on the community forum: https://jovian.ml/forum/t/assignment-1-python-practice/7761 . You can get help with errors or ask for hints, but please don't ask for or share the full working answer code on the forum.
How to Run the Code and Save Your Work
Option 1: Running using free online resources (1-click, recommended): Click the Run button at the top of this page and select Run on Binder. You can also select "Run on Colab" or "Run on Kaggle", but you'll need to create an account on Google Colab or Kaggle to use these platforms.
Option 2: Running on your computer locally: To run the code on your computer locally, you'll need to set up Python & Conda, download the notebook and install the required libraries. Click the Run button at the top of this page, select the Run Locally option, and follow the instructions.
Saving your work: You can save a snapshot of the assignment to your Jovian profile, so that you can access it later and continue your work. Keep saving your work by running
jovian.commit from time to time.
# Install the library
!pip install jovian --upgrade --quiet
# Import it