Scraping Book Information With Python 3
Scraping Book information with Python 3
- Web scraping, web harvesting, or web data extraction is data scraping used for extracting data from websites. Web scraping a web page involves fetching it and extracting from it. Fetching is the downloading of a page (which a browser does when a user views a page). Once fetched, then extraction can take place. The content of a page may be parsed, searched, reformatted, its data copied into a spreadsheet or loaded into a database. Web scrapers typically take something out of a page, to make use of it for another purpose somewhere else.
- We are going to use Books to scrape site.A fictional bookstore that desperately wants to be scraped. It's a safe place for beginners learning web scraping and for developers validating their scraping technologies as well. Available at: https://books.toscrape.com/
- To do so,we are going to use tools like Python,Requests,BeautifulSoup,Pandas.
- We are going to grab the following information from our https://books.toscrape.com/ site.,
- book titles
- stock availability
- link to get each book and
- After collecting the information, we are going to store it in a Pandas Data Frame and convert it to CSV file for easy access and further analysis.