Scraping TOP CRYPTO Info on coingecko
Web Scraping is the process of collecting structured web data in an automated fashion. In general web data extraction or web scraping is used by people and business who want to make use of the vast amount of publicly available web data to make better decisions.
A cryptocurrency is a digital or
virtual currency, that is secured by cryptography, which makes it nearly impossible to counterfeit or double-spend. Many cryptocurrencies are
decentralized network based on
blockchain technology - a distributed ledger enforced by a disparate network of computers.
Coingeco is a website that contains information about all
crypto currencies.It helps the user to understand live price, volumes and so many other things related to cryptocurrencies.
This project will use several Python libraries to scrape data from coingecko website. We will use the Python libraries like
Beautiful Soup to scrape data from the pages, then save our data in a
- Download the webpage using requests
- Inspect the HTML in the Browser
- Parse the webpage's HTML code using Beautiful Soup
- Extract the information we want from the code
- Use Python lists and dictionaries to organize the extracted information
- Extract and combine data from multiple pages
- Save the extracted information to a CSV file